This series introduces TCP/IP concepts and is designed to help users prepare for the MCSE Exam 70-059. An overview of using TCP/IP with several different operating systems is provided, including a discussion of the OSI reference model, networking, and TCP/IP models. A detailed explanation of the TCP/IP Application layer and how data is processed is also provided, including discussion of data delivery and routing. The installation, configuration, and management of Microsoft TCP/IP, IIS, and other network services is explored, along with printing services and DHCP. NetBIOS name resolution methods are examined, as well as the DNS Server. Advanced topics covered in this series include managing DNS and TCP/IP, file transfer, interactive and printing utilities, Network Monitor, SNMP, Performance Monitor, RAS hardware, PPTP, and various troubleshooting strategies.
MCSE Exam 70-059
This series is for anyone preparing for the MCSE Exam 70-59 or anyone who wants an introduction to TCP/IP concepts.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.