This course establishes the top tier administrative skills and knowledge necessary to implement the “back-end” of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. The course is NOT designed to teach the framework of SharePoint team sites, lists, libraries, and other “front-end” SharePoint components. The student will learn how to plan the physical and logical topology of SharePoint sites, site collections, web applications, and farms using best practices and design guidelines that meet various performance and security needs. The student will be able to install SharePoint 2013 and configure service applications. Then the course will focus on helping students manage and configure security facets, search elements, and optimization tools and strategies.
- To benefit fully from this course, students should have the following prerequisite courses/skills and knowledge:
- Server 2012 MCSA or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- Experience managing a multi-server SharePoint 2013, 2010, or 2007 environment– understands SharePoint Workloads
- Experience with SharePoint dependent technologies including Windows Server 2008 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server 2008 R2 or later, and Active Directory, and networking infrastructure services
- PowerShell experience
- Experience with high availability and business continuity technologies.
- Experience with Active Directory, authentication, and security technologies
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience with SharePoint.
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint workloads.
- Familiar with continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- MCSE: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- 70-331 Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- Included Labs
- Install SharePoint
- Product Configuration
- Shared Mailbox
- SQL Alias Web Front End
- New Web Application Part 1
- New Web Application Part 2
- Create Site Collection and Sub Site
- Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Components and Design
- Web and Service Applications
- SharePoint Taxonomy
- Planning Search Solutions
- User Profiles Maintenance and Monitoring
This course targets IT professionals who install, configure, maintain, deploy and manage SharePoint Server 2013 in the local datacenter or the cloud. It is also designed for individuals who seek professional distinction through the SharePoint 2013 MCSE. This is done by completing the Server 2012 MCSA and then taking the 70-331 – Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 exam and 70-332 – Advanced Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 exam
Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Expert Live with Encore
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2013
- Design an information architecture
- Design logical and physical architectures
- Install and configure SharePoint Server 2013
- Create web applications and site collections
- Plan and configure service applications
- Manage users and permissions
- Configure authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Secure a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Manage taxonomy
- Configure user profiles
- Configure enterprise search
- Monitor and maintain a SharePoint 2013 environment