This course provides Project Managers with the knowledge and skills needed to master the PMBOK® Guide Fifth Edition and attain the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification. The PMP® credential is the most widely accepted project certification in the world and the framework on which it is based has set the standard for the project management profession for over 25 years. This course is intended to enhance a student’s project experience with global terminology and the proven framework for leading and directing project teams and in delivering project results within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources. The Project Management Institute has modified the previous body of knowledge to consist of forty-seven project processes within five process groups and ten knowledge areas. This course will cover these processes in a logical, sequential, and effective way to quickly and effectively prepare learners for the PMP Certification Exam.
- The prerequisites for this course are the same prerequisites that PMI requires for you to become a certified PMP:
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent and 3 years of project management experience
- High school diploma or global equivalent and 5 years of project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- PMP, 5th Ed.
- This course qualifies for 35 PDUs, or 35 Contact Hours for candidates pursuing PMP Certification. PMI requires you to have 35 contact hours to apply for the PMP exam.
- Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling and Closing a project across the knowledge areas of Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement and Stakeholder Management.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) 5.0 (5th Ed Aligned)
- Session 1: Introduction to Projects and Organizational Influences
- Session 2: Initiating a Project, Developing the Project Management Plan and Planning the Scope
- Session 3: Planning Schedule, Cost, Quality, HR and Communications Management
- Session 4: Planning Risk, Procurement and Stakeholder Management
- Session 5: Executing a Project
- Session 6: Monitoring, Controlling and Closing a Project
The Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification course is intended for experienced Project Managers seeking educational hours for PMP certification, and is designed to prepare experienced project managers to sit for the PMP exam. Project Managers who have had no formal training on the concepts of the PMBOK Guide, 5th Ed. will enhance their skills in this in-depth course.
Expected Duration (hours)
Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) 5.0 (5th Ed, 2016 PMI Update Aligned) Expert Live with Encore
- Comprehend the professional responsibility domain, process groups and knowledge areas of the PMBOK Guide, 5th Edition
- Understand the makeup and format of the PMP Exam
- Reduce study time by focusing on the relevant exam topics
- Gain an understanding for the level of competency required for the exam
- Apply the concepts of the PMBOK Guide, 5th ed. to better manage projects in their work environment